Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Loan, Hairs and Babies

So far this week…

My loan was rejected (shows how much the company loves me – Not!) Oh well...never mind I won’t sulk, it was a long shot anyway.

I finally summed up the nerve and had my hair cut shoulder length and straightened at Sister Scissors. Finally I am rid of my messy long hair. Cost me a bomb but considering my “frequency” to the hair salon, well, you can say that it’s worth it and I gave myself a pat on the shoulder for not succumbing to the words of the hair stylist in getting me to buy her expensive hair products.

Then, another desperate mother offered me to adopt her unborn baby.
Me:...... ‘Owh, sorry.. I didn’t realise that you’re pregnant. When’s the baby due?’
Lady:... ‘The baby is due in March. Would like to have it?’
Me:....... (In a state of bewilderment…)

Unfortunately, as much as I wanted to have one, I’m not yet married so I can't imagine myself raising a child alone. This was the second time I was offered a child by their mother. The first time was of a 3 year-old baby girl at a bus stop stand.

I am saddened and feel for these mothers. They are not bad mothers. On the contrary, they are good mothers as their action showed that they do care about the future of their children. These mothers are uneducated and depended heavily on their husband as sole breadwinner. Unfortunately in order to please their husbands, they allowed themselves to be a ‘baby factory’ by not practising family planning. The frail woman has delivered eight babies and she is only in her 20’s.

Update:
I am pleased to write that I have found a suitable couple for the baby. Hope things go well and hopefully I won't regret not taking any of these adoption offers in future.

No comments: