Sunday, January 16, 2011

Old Friend's Request - Her "Lava Dress"

Pheww.. just recently finished sewing these dresses for my ex colleague, Lucy. After her retirement sometime back, I rarely see her. She suddenly called and surprised me with a request to sew duplicate of the old dresses that I've sewn her in February 1999 i.e. a year after I've just finished my sewing course with Florence. She was one of my first few "clients" who trusted me to cut and sew their garments. Luckily, I didn't made a mess and I am grateful for the trust they've given on my ability (not to screw their garments hehehe ^_^). Anyway, very pleased that she commented that the dresses were comfortable and that's why she wanted to have them made again.

I call these new January 2011 dress, "The Lava Dress". I think you can see why. Heheh :D


These were the original dresses that I made back in February 1999. I've forgotten about how they looked like (getting old I guess) until Lucy brought them back for me to look at. Owh dear... and I've just recently gotten rid of all the old patterns I made for the purpose of decluttering my house. Luckily, she'd asked me to make them simpler - without adding zipper and making them slightly looser.


I can't tell you how it felt like when people appreciate your work. It's really wonderful. I hope that she'll have a wonderful time in China in February. Thanks Lucy ^_^

No comments: