Monday, May 30, 2011

Troublesome Door Finally Fixed

After so many years living with a door that won't shut properly and nobody was able to figure out what's wrong with it, I finally met a brilliant man who fixed it.

This brilliant man I nicknamed "Otroman" studied the door, took measurements and told me that the middle part of the door frame was narrower than the top and bottom. He advised that the only solution was to get a new door with new measurement and that he would be planing a bit of wood from the middle of the door frame to adjust it.

On 12th April 2011, my sister Nancy and I bought a solid new door from Superwood Industries located in Jalan Tuaran. After looking at so many doors, I decided on a 13 paneled solid door with foggy glass windows. Cost me a bomb ~ RM 350.00 but it was worth it heheh. I was unsure about the door's window at first but after the door was properly installed at home, I found that my small living room looked brighter as it let in sun light.

Otroman affixed the door with three hinges instead of two to make it sturdier. He then glazed it twice. I on the other hand had a fun time helping him as well as enjoying the 'view' if you know what I mean hahahaha...


I just love the wood grain of my new door. The wood was naturally pinkish color but I have to glaze it to protect it from the weather.


Thanks Otroman. xoxo ^_^



No comments: