Monday, March 19, 2007

Mel's Birthday Celebration: Sat, 17 March 2007

How come this time they let us (my sister Mar and I) broke our reigning "Always One Hour Late" record? Hehehe.. they've purposely lead us to believe that the birthday party would start promptly at 7.30 pm at Moretune (karaoke pub). But to our dismay, they arrived an hour and a half later :p.

I certainly will never recommend eating dinner at that place. My hope of enjoying a delicious dinner in such a place was dashed. "Lamb with Spring Onion" was tasteless. What the..? Did the chef forgotten to add salt? And the lamb meat, probably have been stored for so long cause I almost puke. It tasted decay. The rice? I guess it was scooped from the bottom of the rice cooker.

Akedemi Fantasia Season 5 was on. They have quite a number of tellys so we can watch the nearest to our table. It was the students’ first performance on stage and I will not comment at this time.

After dinner and AF5, my friends were all fired-up to start the karaoke singing sessions specially my sister. Hehe..don't tell her but I do admire her singing a lot. When she sings, everyone paid attention.

Anyway, at exactly 12 midnight, the DJ announced Mel's birthday and everyone sang and wished her happy birthday. She was quite happy but I was a conscious of the stares coming from around the pub. Soon after, our cozy little feminine group was interrupted by this one 'merry, USS cap wearing and bespectacled chap'. He came to our table, introduced himself as Julius, made a toast to our Mel, and the rounds kept coming and coming. Aiyaa.. poor Mel, she had to finish all the drinks that this man gave her.

Fortunately, we attempted and succeeded in leaving the pub. We had to stop at a coffee corner for a drink. That's when Mel started vomiting (next to a really cool jet black sport car). Suffice to say it wasn't a pretty sight :p

Anyway, all of us were home - at last.

The End.

No comments: